SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 16 February 2018

January Favourites 2018

Thank goodness it is finally February, January seemed to last forever and I am so glad it is over! That also means a new favourites post, woo. If I am honest the main things I loved last month were tv shows (oops i'm sorry...) however I racked my brain a little more and came up with some more favourites for you, as a blog post about two tv shows would be pretty boring?? Anyway, let's get into the favourites.

The first is a liquid lipstick that my cousin got me for Christmas as a 'santa present' - what we give after we eat Christmas dinner. She got me a beautiful lipstick from Maybelline that I have been wearing quite a lot recently because it stays on so well, and I love a lipstick that lasts a long time! But then again who doesn't? It is called the Superstay Matte Ink Liquid in the shade Lover (15).


The second and final beauty favourite of last month is something I am yet to talk about on my blog, but that is the Urban Decay's Naked Heat palette - which I got for Christmas. I have been wearing this every chance I get, I wasn't 100% sure how I would feel about it when I got it as I had already been using the Modern Renaissance palette for a while and I have never had more than one eye shadow palette at a time. However I was shocked and fell in love with it automatically, and now I actually use them together. At the moment though I have been grabbing the Naked Heat palette more often as I find the colours in the Modern Renaissance palette more 'going out' and I haven't been out much recently... I blame A-levels... Anyway, the colours are so beautiful in the Naked Heat, however I haven't used them all yet but that is always the way I think with some palettes. It was the same when I first got the Naked 2 back in 2015.


Last month I came across a new artist one of Kalyn's playlist's on Spotify, and his name is Noah Kahn. I automatically fell in love with him and added all of his tracks to my January favourites here. He has such a distinct and calming sound, and sometimes he even sounds a little like James Blunt who I also love!

My final favourite for last month was an American tv show called Criminal Minds - however if you have watched it all shhh, I am about half way through season 9 at the moment! I have never really talked about this side of me before on my blog but, I adore these sorts of things and should really talk about them more especially as I am off to study Criminology in October. But Crime shows are amazing, but the same with all shows but this isn't just about them finding psychopaths or sociopaths it is more than that and that is what I love. You get to see their lives too, outside and inside of working at the FBI Behavioural Analysis Unit. I have been watching this on Amazon Prime, because at the start of the year I found that they had added all 12 seasons!! It was like Christmas all over again! (and when I found out Netflix added all 10 seasons of friends)


A real mix of favourites from last month which kind of show every side of me, which is different for a change. January was a brilliant month, even though it did consist of a lot of revision, coursework writing, sleeping and watching criminal minds (the last 2 aren't so bad I guess). Overall it was a decent start to the year and I can't wait for the rest of the year as there are so many exciting things happening. One of which is happening next Monday, and there will be a post on Monday.. and that is all I am saying as I can't describe it very well without telling you what it is about! Anyway... I hope you had a wonderful start to the year, if not don't worry you still have 11 months left to make changes! xxx

2 comments :

  1. I loveeeee naked heat sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same!! i wasn’t sure after all the bad reviews but its honestly brilliant, urban decay never fails

      Delete