SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 26 September 2017

Back to School | University of Lincoln Open Day

It is officially that time again for me to start looking at university's, and I am very very excited to start looking around again. When I first started looking at university's I automatically fell in love with Birmingham City University, but after waiting over a year I am beginning to properly look at them.

When I first started looking at Universities I had no idea what sort of campus I wanted to go to, where in the Country and most of all what subject I actually wanted to study. I originally looked at two campus based Universities and 3 city based ones, and realised that a city campus was defiantly for me. I didn't like the idea of being in the middle of nowhere, but for some people that is what they are looking for. For example I have a friend who has just started at Keele University which is basically in the middle of nowhere, but she adores it because she use to live in an area surrounded by fields. On the other hand I have a friend who is now in London at Westminster University and she loves that too because she is right next to the tube so can travel into Central London when ever she wants. It all depends on where you want to go, and where you can picture you're self for the next 3 years of your life.

So far I have booked 3 University open days for the University of Lincoln, Birmingham City University and De Montfort University. Saturday was the open day for Lincoln. My Dad and I spent the majority of the day up there, started off by registering and getting some booklets about the university before meeting my friend for lunch. As she has just started doing Law at Lincoln, so I had a nice catch up with her discussing the university, how she likes Lincoln and generally gossip about life. After having lunch we headed off to a talk about the course I want to do - Criminology. However we were too late, but we got to speak to another professor who teaches the degree along with a 3rd year Criminology student at the University. Therefore not only did I get to talk about the course, with a student I got to learn about the University and City from a students point of view which was wonderful.

After that we just decided to look around the city, did a little bit of shopping before walking up to the Cathedral. However I have decided if I chose to go to this University I will only be going back up 'steep hill' when family members are visiting or a need to go to a shop up there - only if its an emergency though!


Saturday was also Pride in Lincoln, so we got to witness the parade walking past us whilst eating lunch and seeing everyone dressed up for the occasion - was very pretty.

Thank you again for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post.
Love Meg x

Post a Comment