SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 8 January 2017

2016 Favourites

I have found so many new things to love this year as my knowledge and love for make-up has grown along with my make-up collection, along with just finding new things and enjoying this year lots. Even if the year has been awful for honestly everyone, I have had a great year but also a rollercoaster.... Well, if you want to know about my favourites from 2016 then carry on reading.

Make-up wise there is just one product and that is my Kylie Matte Lip Kit, in the shade Candy K. I have been wearing this liquid lipstick since I bought it back in the Summer, it goes everywhere with me however I think it is beginning to run out so I'm not using it as much now. It is honestly so beautiful and love the formula of it on my lips, I love the fact it doesn't leave a mark on drinks or something which is great for drinking water as when I wear other things I aways have to clean the lipstick off.


Movies & TV shows:
In terms of movies, I haven't spoken a lot about them this year, in terms of new ones. But my favourite 3 from this year were all the 3rd movie in that story line which is quite strange. I have real love for Marvel films, they are honestly my favourite things along Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Harry Potter etc. Civil War was bigged up so much this year and my friend and I got scared it wasn't going to be as good but wow it was amazing, Captain America is my favourite Avenger! X-Men has been re-done and they have all been great, this one has to be my favourite out of the three - X-Men: First Class, X-Men: Days of Future Past and finally X-Men: Apocalypse. Next Star Trek, I never really watched the TV show or anything but I love the movies and the actors/actresses they have picked to play them. They are all so brilliant and the story lines are great in all of them!
Onto TV shows and I only have two this year, the first of course is Awkward and it is the greatest thing. I can't wait for the second half of season 5 to be added to Amazon prime so I can binge watch it all again! I have talked about this before so you already know all about it and my love for it! The other is a show called Shadowhunters, and this is again an American TV series based on 'Freeform' however it is a Netflix original series so that was I watch it on. It is very different to Awkward however quite similar to the other shows I watch like Teen Wolf and The Vampire Diaries. It's quite difficult to explain so I have linked the IMB page but it is brilliant and would recommended especially if you liked the movie The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. 

I only have one book favourite as well this year I haven't read much or found any good books that I have enjoyed, but the one that I enjoyed was Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I read this whilst I was on holiday this summer and honestly it was great I recommend it so much! I am yet to watch the movie but I always try to read the book before hand. 

Fashion:
The first fashion item has you see above is a baseball top from a website called rad.co, I originally bought this for my vamps concert however it didn't arrive in time and was rather too big. However I made it work and I love the fact it is bigger on me, it's my favourite thing. They actually don't have it on the website anymore but they have similar things, which are linked above, and all say the same thing. The reason I love it so much is because it is a reference from Clueless which is my favourite movie, it is a song they have on at one of the parties. Next is my vans and they are my second pair of old skool vans, my first were black with some flowers on and my favourites has been the plain black ones! As they are a mix of black and some white they go with every outfit and seem to be quite popular now. However with these shoes the laces tend to be too long so I change them to thicker and shorter laces which I think looks better.

Music/Concerts:
  • The Vamps
  • Bastille
I went too, I think 4 concerts this year and 3 of them were so great. The first was back in April last year, and that was The Vamps on their arena 'world tour' and it was fabulous. It was my first time seeing them from the 'Wow pit' which is an area of standing right next to the stage but was split by a runway, so you were either right or left side - James or Connor's side. It was great and I was so close to them and their concerts are always my favourite things. I had an amazing time and got to spend time with people who love them just as much as me, and my Internet friends. I loved the concert so much that they were near me again the following Friday so my friend and I bought the cheapest tickets there was and headed up to Sheffield to watch them. 

Next was actually my final concert of the year and that was Bastille on their Wild World Tour. Mum and I had been in love them and their music for so long and when we found out they were touring we were so excited and knew we had to see them. The tickets went on sale whilst Mum was in a meeting and I was in a lesson however it was a 'laid back' lesson so I managed to purchase them. We ended up getting standing tickets as that was all that was left however that made the experience of the concert even better. But not when you escape to the toilet in the break and then can't find your Mum. So I looked so lost and annoying to all these people, some girls were like 'whats wrong' and I replied 'Oh sorry, I'm looking for my Mum' a 17 year old lost looking for her mum, not a good look... However a really nice woman obviously was near me and Mum so showed me back to here, it was so nice and I have never known someone to do that at a concert. Once I finally found her we ended up having an amazing time, however I wore new shoes and had terrible blisters so ran to the bus in my tights which was not a good look..
In terms of their music, the Vamps released their new album last year (2015) and also a new single this year (2016) called 'All Night' which were both great and have been on repeat a lot lately. Bastille also released their new Album which is called Wild World and has some amazing new songs that I would recommend so much. They have such a great sound, and their songs are great even if they are slightly depressing when it comes to the lyrics. 

Youtube:
I found some great new youtubers and well I picked two who I watch constantly and well I just love their channels. The first is Remi Ashten however it's not her 'main channel' that I have fallen in love with but instead it is her vlog channel with is called RemLife. I honestly don't really have a reason why i like them but I do, right from the beginning I love them as she has a great introduction with fab music which I do sing along to each time and my mum automatically knows I'm watching Remi now when it plays. She has the cutest dog called Daisy, and lives in LA and well I just love LA! She is currently in Hawaii and travels quite a lot and tends to vlog then also, I have a lot of love for travelling and she always finds the nicest places to go which makes me a little jealous. 

Finally my last favourite of the post and for youtube, is Mel Joy and I think I have mentioned her before in a favourites but I'm not sure. She is the same age as me, 17, well slightly younger so she its nice watching someone the same age. Her videos are great, both her vlogs and main channel videos. She has actually just reached 1 million subscribers which is crazy, but I am so happy for her!

Well that is it for my 2016 favourites, I hope you enjoyed this post and if you have any recommendation in terms of anything then leave me a comment and I'll check them out. Especially good clothing stores as I always struggle to find the things I like.

Post a Comment