SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 24 July 2016

Kylie Lip Kit Review

Hey guys, so as you can tell by the tittle I managed to get my hands on a one of Kylie Jenner's Matte lip kits. I have wanted since they came out and it was actually the day of the year 11's Prom that I got it which was like 3/4 weeks ago. It arrived last Friday however my it got left with my neighbours who weren't in when I got home so I didn't actually get it till this Monday. 

I was out shopping with my friend and I got the notification that Kylie had restocked them and I just panicked in the middle of Sports Direct. I looked at Hannah, my mind had gone black I had no idea which colour I wanted. I went for Candy K and bought it then and there, in the middle of Sports Direct. I had the panic of checking I had enough money in bank mainly because the currency difference was confusing me a little. But overall it came to £34.12 including the shipping from the US, which i thought was pretty good considering you get both a lipstick and lip liner. I did have to pay £1.25 as I wasn't paying in pounds it was US dollars. But I really wasn't bothered as I had been waiting so long.
I finally got the email saying it had been dispatched and you could then track the process so I knew where it was, which made me more excited. I'm so sad I know but... 

I came home from my work experience placement on the 13th to see a royal mail slip on our coffee table. I looked closer and it turned out I had a customs fee to pay. I kind of guessed all the way through that knowing my luck I'd have to pay a customs fee. I wasn't that bothered as I had the money so I paid the £11.50 and selected for it to be delivered on the 15th. When it was delivered on the Friday but no one was in so it went to our next door neighbours. But when I got home they weren't in so I wasn't able to get it until the 18th. Anyways enough about my long boring story about getting it onto the actual product!!

It comes in a black box so you can't actually tell what it is from the outside but once you open it it says 'KYLIE' on the underside of the lid. It is carefully wrapped so the product won't get damaged, underneath the product and on top of it. The next thing alongside the box of product itself is the card from Kylie, which apparently is pot lunch whether you get it so I have heard so I was super excited when I found it in my box as it will be going straight onto my wall at some point.

Now to the actually product, inside the little box you get the lip liner and the liquid lipstick. The packaging of both of them are beautiful and I have fallen in love with everything about it. The only downside to the lipstick is that there is no stopper to reduce the amount of product on the applicator.  Another thing is it can be quite difficult to get off however it stays on your lips for ages, which is brilliant. I wore it for the first time when I went to Blackpool on the 19th July (the hottest day of the year) which seemed stupid because of the heat but in actual fact it stayed on nearly all day and I re-applied it later in the day after I had eaten on my bottom lips as it seems to be fade quicker there, in the middle of my lips. Which it does for all lipsticks as that is like the bit of the lip you use for eating and drinking. 


Finally the smell of the product, oh my gosh it smells amazing! I can't quite put my finger on what it smells like but I like I said I have fallen with EVERYTHING about it. I'm super tempted to order myself Exposed after summer or purchase a dupe of it from NYX as it has finally opened in my local boots stores. 

Have you guys got any of her lipsticks, I kind of want to try her glosses but I'm unsure as I don;t tend to wear glosses that much but they seem different others. I hope you have enjoyed this post, I'm sorry it was uploaded later than usual I had a little trouble with my other post and in the end gave up with it but oh well. 

Post a Comment